Sunday, July 4, 2021

Hazelwood Brewing Company

Hazelwood Brewing Company in downtown Lexington, South Carolina opened prior to the pandemic and we finally checked it out.

An amazing job was done outfitting this brewery! It is located in the boiler room of the Old Mill. This space had been unused since 1963. I just love seeing buildings repurposed like this.
This brewery sources its ingredients from local South Carolina farms.
We witnessed the canning process.

I love the feature of the window to order beer and food without needing to go inside.

Its outdoor space is unique and wraps around the mill.

This great informal space has a character filled backdrop filled.
There was once a dam and pond here that was destroyed by the great flood of 2015. However it is now being rebuilt and will have a 1 mile paved walkway around the pond. This will be wonderful for the 20+ businesses here in the renovated Old Mill which includes restaurants, shops, yoga, a theater and more.
4 ounce options are available in these little jars. Since I was busy sipping, I neglected to get a photo of a full one. This option is perfect for sampling.

Jim's favorite was Bosco American Ale and mine was Constellations which is a Belgium strong golden ale. The brews do change so we will have to go back and discover more. All offerings are brewed on site and visitors may purchase cans to go.

If you go, the brewery is located 711 East Main Street in Lexington, SC.

Wednesday - Friday from 4pm - 10pm

Saturday from noon - 10pm

Sunday from 12pm - 8pm

Have a marvelous day/evening (wherever you are on the clock)! ~Val

9 comments:

  1. That look like such a great place and I love that they repurposed an old building that had been sitting unused for such a long time.

    Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great spot to enjoy a cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a cool place to visit! Did you like the taste??? Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Stacy! I never like all the brews when I am tasting. The bitter ones are not for me! Hugs back to you!

      Delete
    2. I don't think I would like bitter ones either!

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to a brewery in a long time. This one looks really fun and like a great place to go! I tend not to do the beer flights -- the darker ones and IPAs are too much for me. I must be a beer wimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My taste can vary but I tend towards the lighter beers too. It is always fun to taste a variety with all the different brews the creative brew masters come up with!

      Delete

First Thursday on Main

First Thursday on Main of June 2023 in Columbia, SC was filled with amusement! Each month, this is a celebration of art, music, food, local ...