Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Riverbanks Botanical Gardens

Here are photos from recent visits to the Riverbank Botanical Gardens in West Columbia, SC. I take pictures every time we are here since there is always something that commands my attention.

I love the use of pinks this year. Very cheerful!

One of my many favorite flowers is this gloriosa lily.

This golden bamboo is actually in the zoo side of the park. It is the only place I have ever seen a color bamboo other than green.

A huge, pretty leaf. I like to add my hand in photo to show size.
Another pretty one.
The bog garden.

Here it is a couple weeks later. Ever changing!

Carnivorous plants that make me think of cobras.

This plant below is just cool and strange. It is hanging in a pot but it may be an air plant due to its unique appearance.

These pretty leaves appear to sit on a mismatched stick, but that is indeed their stem holding it up.

A baby Carolina Anole enjoying the gloriosa lilies. He is camouflaged in there!

A bee heading for a sunflower.
These yellow flowers are just perfection.

A gigantic black elephant ear.
Big, beautiful rose of sharons are throughout the gardens. So many sizes, colors and patterns!
 




I hope you enjoyed our garden strolls too!

Have a marvelous day/evening (wherever you are on the clock)! ~Val

23 comments:

  1. yes, pink color look cheerful and wonderful.... love the color.
    Thank you for sharing beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful flowers and exotic plants! I love bamboo too -- but I've never seen golden bamboo before. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize golden bamboo existed until seeing it in this region. Perhaps its rare.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow what a great botanical garden! We have one here in Brooklyn but have not been in a while. My friend goes all the time. You got some great captures and kudos to you for getting the bee in flight!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allie! I just love plants and flower! Visiting botanical gardens from time to time is soothing for the soul.

      Delete
  4. These photos are really lovely. I haven't been to a botanical garden in ages but this one looks like the one to visit. Beautiful photos, all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flowers are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riverbanks Zoo Botanical Gardens are always so beautiful. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely garden with beautiful flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful and colourful flowers and plants on display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice flowers and plants. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all of the beautiful and vibrant plants you shared. The truly unique gloriosa lily was definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful collection of photographs.
    I certainly enjoyed my stroll in the garden with you :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS Happy September Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

First Thursday on Main

First Thursday on Main of June 2023 in Columbia, SC was filled with amusement! Each month, this is a celebration of art, music, food, local ...