Friday, September 24, 2021

The Old Point of Beaufort - Part I

 The Old Point in Beaufort, South Carolina is bordered with marsh filled beauty.

Strolling the streets here is my favorite thing to do in Beaufort.

The gigantic old live oaks are awe inspiring.

Creepy too!

Besides live oaks, there are many other varieties of mature trees to gawk at.

The Spanish moss adds such beauty as it finds all sort of places to hang itself.

 This tree below has a little surprise on it. Do you see it?
One of the roads has low clearance. I believe live oaks are protected so these will stay until they are no longer living.

I love how this one below is framed with Spanish moss.

Strolling this neighborhood is a must for any visitor!

Have a marvelous day/evening (wherever you are on the clock)! ~Val

8 comments:

  1. THis is gorgeous. Those oaks are magnificent and I, too, love the moss. The one that crosses the road is especially interesting. I can see why you love this spot so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oaks are so majestic that I feel like I should bow to them!

      Delete
  2. Spanish mosh attaches to oak look attractive...

    Thank you for sharing beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply cannot get enough of those gorgeous moss covered trees. The trees are enough all by themselves to make me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. We have been in the south for almost 4 years now and I am still obsessed with the Spanish moss on the great big old oaks!

      Delete

First Thursday on Main

First Thursday on Main of June 2023 in Columbia, SC was filled with amusement! Each month, this is a celebration of art, music, food, local ...