Wednesday, September 1, 2021

River Rat Brewery

The River Rat Brewery, located in Columbia, South Carolina was made for my taste buds!

On this cool flight with the brewery's logo, we thoroughly enjoyed twisted lemon wheat, raspberry lemon wheat, lemon grass lager, American Solsch Story, luminescent lager and key lime gose. This was the first time I have loved all beers on a flight! Lemon and lime beverages usually aren't for me but I found these amazingly delicious!

The food menu was equally impressive. I opted for a healthy, vibrant farmstead salad with grilled chicken.

Jim dined on the smoked BBQ pork sandwich. How fantastic is the branded brioche bun with the brewery logo? It is upside down in the photo, but you get the idea!

After hanging out in the air conditioned inside on a hot day, we explored the grounds with its beer garden.

A convenient outdoor order window is nearby. A cooler with water is also available for staying hydrated.

Walking around the silo we discovered that it is a spiral staircase leading to a deck bar.

I love the metal work with the logo.

Super creative!
The upstairs deck has a bar along with fans blowing mist to keep patrons cool.

There are cornhole games on the garden.

This is the first time I have seen a bike rack at a brewery. Don't drink and ride people!

If you go, The River Rate Brewery is located at 
1231 Shop Road in Columbia, SC
open:
Wednesday 4pm - 9pm
Thursday 4pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday noon - 10pm
Sunday noon - 8pm

If you have followed my blog for some time you may be scratching your head at my eating chicken. Yes, after more than 25 years living as a vegetarian, I have added chicken and pork to my diet. The biggest reason for this lifestyle change is the lack of healthy options on a menu (ironic, isn't it?). Typically the vegetarian option is a processed veggie patty burger with french fries. Now I can eat a healthy, satisfying meal and not feel weighed down followed by digestive issues!

Have a marvelous day/evening (wherever you are on the clock)! ~Val

8 comments:

  1. Breweries are getting so upscale these days! Looks like a great place! Cool logo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic? We find the food better at breweries than in restaurants these days.

      Delete
  2. I like the outdoor ordering and it's nice how they are using the logo in their decor, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outdoor ordering is so convenient. All the breweries we have been around here have this option.

      Delete
  3. You are certainly finding some great places to go for a cooling drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are fortunate enough to have plenty of great places to choose from!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting about your diet now Val. I was wondering too, why you were eating chicken! Glad that introducing back those foods, didn't make you sick, if you know what I mean? The place looks amazing! I love the logo! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly my body had no problem adjusting to some white meat. It has helped me eat just a little healthier! Big hugs back to you Stacy!

      Delete

First Thursday on Main

First Thursday on Main of June 2023 in Columbia, SC was filled with amusement! Each month, this is a celebration of art, music, food, local ...