Saturday, May 1, 2021

Doorways of Savannah

Historic downtown Savannah, Georgia is filled with charming homes.

So many inviting entryways, even when there is a gate.

There is no shortage of iron work in this town.

Vibrant doors are everywhere!
Yellow is the most inviting portal tone to me with its warmth. Seeing a double sunny door was a treat! Minimal, yet so appealing.
Ivy and other climbers are common to spot.

Some entries just need simple planters to be inviting.

Black manages to be welcoming too.

This is a unique iron design creating a glass awning over the entry. Brilliant!

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse of the doorways of Savannah.

Have a marvelous day/evening (wherever you are on the clock)! ~Val

15 comments:

  1. Vibrant doorways are so inviting! I like wrought iron too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Val! I love the doors! Looks like so much history to each one! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love the older homes in particular for that reason!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy I found you again after taking some time off from blogging! I have a lot of catching up to do. Your blog has always been one of my favorites! The doors are all beautiful but my favorite the 106 one. It looks like a cozy place and I wish I could take a peek inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sher! It is good to be back! 106 is my favorite here too. Full of charm!

      Delete
  4. So nice to see these photographs, I like all the doors :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful door's designs!
    The door with climbers is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how each door/entryway made such a unique statement. It would be fun to visit Savannah just to take in all of the amazing and unique homes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. Old Savannah is such a beautiful city to stroll the streets of!

      Delete

First Thursday on Main

First Thursday on Main of June 2023 in Columbia, SC was filled with amusement! Each month, this is a celebration of art, music, food, local ...